You have goals for your children, for yourself, and for your family. Good for you. But not enough. Goals are about what you want, where you want to go. So more important questions are:
- Do you have a personal mission?
- Do you have a family mission?
- Are you help your children develop personal missions?
Missions are about how you want to be as a person as you take your life’s journey. Having a thought about and defined mission gives focus to your life, makes decision making easier and wiser.
Missions are created by thinking about what matters. What the sages and what those who study such things think is that the healthiest missions are built on a foundation of kindness, caring, and sharing.
Which leads to this blog post’s Poster Coach. Remember What Matters:
For a free digital download of this poster go to the EFTIstore.
When you are teaching your children to be kind, you are also teaching them to be #emotionally intelligent.
Parenting is hard work and the results not always clear immediately, practice patience is a must and that means patience with yourself as well as with others.
Be grateful for what you have been given, forgive yourself and others for failing to be perfect. No one is. Continue to practice kindness and your efforts bring forward a more just world for all. You make a difference.
Most EFTI posters posted on my blog can be obtained at the EFTI Store Many are free. Poster Coaches are printed up in color on letter size card stock and used to inspire, teach, remind you to practice #emotional_fitness exercises.
This blog post was inspired by this Word Perfect Daily Prompt. Obstacle Course: Think about what you wanted to accomplish last week. Did you? What are the things that hold you back from doing everything you’d like to do?
Thank you for all you do and as always stay strong.
ARTICLES OF INTEREST
- When Good Kids Do Bad Things: A Survival Guide for Parents of Teenagers
- When Good Kids Get You In A Gotcha War
- When Good Kids Struggle In School
- When Good Kids Hang Out With The Wrong Crowd
- When Good Kids Dress Makes You Stress
- When Good Kids Lie
- When Good Kids Take Risks
- When Good Kids Have Sex
- When Good Kids Run Away
- When Good Kids Break The Law
- When Good Kids Do Drugs and/or Alcohol
- When Good Kids Get Depressed
- Tame the Test Anxiety Monster
- Parents Are People Too: An Emotional Fitness Training Program for Parents
- How to Hold Successful Family Meetings
- Twelve Easy Emotional Fitness Exercises to Tame Mad, Bad, and Sad Feelings
- Self-Soothing - Create Calm in Your Life
- Know Your Feelings - Become A Feeling Detective
- Know Your Mission So You Can Reach Your Goals
- THERAPY OR NOTI want to make three things 100% clear: I believe in therapy, but only good therapy. Therapy, whether good or bad, is expensive. If something cheaper solves things, cheaper is the way to go. Why I discuss self-help, support groups, hypnotism, and coaching. Sometimes therapy is mandatory. No dead person is helped by even the ...Continue reading ‘THERAPY OR N […]
- BOOST YOUR EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE – CHECK YOUR PREJUDICESWhat makes our prejudices evil, are when we act in ways others are hurt. The first step in ending racism and other forms of prejudice is accepting it lives in all of us. The most prejudiced people I know think they are tolerant or that their prejudices are justifiable. Witness the name-calling and divisiveness in ...Continue reading ‘BOOST YOUR EMOTIONAL IN […]
- THERAPY OR NOT
Error: Please make sure the Twitter account is public.