You have goals for your children, for yourself, and for your family. Good for you. But not enough. Goals are about what you want, where you want to go. So more important questions are:
- Do you have a personal mission?
- Do you have a family mission?
- Are you help your children develop personal missions?
Missions are about how you want to be as a person as you take your life’s journey. Having a thought about and defined mission gives focus to your life, makes decision making easier and wiser.
Missions are created by thinking about what matters. What the sages and what those who study such things think is that the healthiest missions are built on a foundation of kindness, caring, and sharing.
Which leads to this blog post’s Poster Coach. Remember What Matters:
For a free digital download of this poster go to the EFTIstore.
When you are teaching your children to be kind, you are also teaching them to be #emotionally intelligent.
Parenting is hard work and the results not always clear immediately, practice patience is a must and that means patience with yourself as well as with others.
Be grateful for what you have been given, forgive yourself and others for failing to be perfect. No one is. Continue to practice kindness and your efforts bring forward a more just world for all. You make a difference.
Most EFTI posters posted on my blog can be obtained at the EFTI Store Many are free. Poster Coaches are printed up in color on letter size card stock and used to inspire, teach, remind you to practice #emotional_fitness exercises.
This blog post was inspired by this Word Perfect Daily Prompt. Obstacle Course: Think about what you wanted to accomplish last week. Did you? What are the things that hold you back from doing everything you’d like to do?
Thank you for all you do and as always stay strong.
ARTICLES OF INTEREST
- Family Meetings Fizzling? Here’s Help
- Are Your Children Angsting Over the Election Results?
- The STOP Plan – A Giant Tool for Eliminating A ChildBad Behavior
- Teach Your Children The Value of A Not-knowing Philosophy
- ADOLESCENCE JUST A PHASE? HOPEFULLY – 10 TIPS FOR DEALING
- TO PRAISE OR NOT TO PRAISE? PARENTING TIPS ON EFFECTIVE PRAISE
- When Good Kids Do Bad Things: A Survival Guide for Parents of Teenagers
- When Good Kids Get You In A Gotcha War
- When Good Kids Struggle In School
- When Good Kids Hang Out With The Wrong Crowd
- When Good Kids Dress Makes You Stress
- When Good Kids Lie
- When Good Kids Take Risks
- When Good Kids Have Sex
- When Good Kids Run Away
- When Good Kids Break The Law
- When Good Kids Do Drugs and/or Alcohol
- When Good Kids Get Depressed
- Tame the Test Anxiety Monster
- Parents Are People Too: An Emotional Fitness Training Program for Parents
- How to Hold Successful Family Meetings
- Twelve Easy Emotional Fitness Exercises to Tame Mad, Bad, and Sad Feelings
- Self-Soothing - Create Calm in Your Life
- Know Your Feelings - Become A Feeling Detective
- Know Your Mission So You Can Reach Your Goals
- Improve Your Emotional Intelligence: One With AllWonder at it all. Breathe, stretch, and enjoy. Remember no matter how small you may feel at times, you are part of all that is. Thank you for all you do. When you like, comment or share this post, you are practicing kindness and strengthening both of us. Katherine
- Improve Your Emotional Intelligence:The pursuit of happiness is doomed to fail. Life. What to do? Endure the bad by seeking the lesson, there are always lessons; remember what matters, pursue kindness, practice gratitude and savor all the good you are granted. Thank you for all you do. When you like, comment or share this post, you are practicing ...Continue reading ‘Improve Your Emotional In […]
- Improve Your Emotional Intelligence: One With All
- Improve Your Emotional Intelligence: One With All emotionalfitnesstraining.com/improve-your-e… via @httpstwittercomKGLevineBooks 6 hours ago
- Improve Your Emotional Intelligence: emotionalfitnesstraining.com/improve-your-e… via @httpstwittercomKGLevineBooks 18 hours ago
- Improve Your Emotional Intelligence: Apologize emotionalfitnesstraining.com/improve-your-e… via @httpstwittercomKGLevineBooks 2 days ago