You have goals for your children, for yourself, and for your family. Good for you. But not enough. Goals are about what you want, where you want to go. So more important questions are:
- Do you have a personal mission?
- Do you have a family mission?
- Are you help your children develop personal missions?
Missions are about how you want to be as a person as you take your life’s journey. Having a thought about and defined mission gives focus to your life, makes decision making easier and wiser.
Missions are created by thinking about what matters. What the sages and what those who study such things think is that the healthiest missions are built on a foundation of kindness, caring, and sharing.
Which leads to this blog post’s Poster Coach. Remember What Matters:
For a free digital download of this poster go to the EFTIstore.
When you are teaching your children to be kind, you are also teaching them to be #emotionally intelligent.
Parenting is hard work and the results not always clear immediately, practice patience is a must and that means patience with yourself as well as with others.
Be grateful for what you have been given, forgive yourself and others for failing to be perfect. No one is. Continue to practice kindness and your efforts bring forward a more just world for all. You make a difference.
Most EFTI posters posted on my blog can be obtained at the EFTI Store Many are free. Poster Coaches are printed up in color on letter size card stock and used to inspire, teach, remind you to practice #emotional_fitness exercises.
This blog post was inspired by this Word Perfect Daily Prompt. Obstacle Course: Think about what you wanted to accomplish last week. Did you? What are the things that hold you back from doing everything you’d like to do?
Thank you for all you do and as always stay strong.
ARTICLES OF INTEREST
- Family Meetings Fizzling? Here’s Help
- Are Your Children Angsting Over the Election Results?
- The STOP Plan – A Giant Tool for Eliminating A ChildBad Behavior
- Teach Your Children The Value of A Not-knowing Philosophy
- ADOLESCENCE JUST A PHASE? HOPEFULLY – 10 TIPS FOR DEALING
- TO PRAISE OR NOT TO PRAISE? PARENTING TIPS ON EFFECTIVE PRAISE
- When Good Kids Do Bad Things: A Survival Guide for Parents of Teenagers
- When Good Kids Get You In A Gotcha War
- When Good Kids Struggle In School
- When Good Kids Hang Out With The Wrong Crowd
- When Good Kids Dress Makes You Stress
- When Good Kids Lie
- When Good Kids Take Risks
- When Good Kids Have Sex
- When Good Kids Run Away
- When Good Kids Break The Law
- When Good Kids Do Drugs and/or Alcohol
- When Good Kids Get Depressed
- Tame the Test Anxiety Monster
- Parents Are People Too: An Emotional Fitness Training Program for Parents
- How to Hold Successful Family Meetings
- Twelve Easy Emotional Fitness Exercises to Tame Mad, Bad, and Sad Feelings
- Self-Soothing - Create Calm in Your Life
- Know Your Feelings - Become A Feeling Detective
- Know Your Mission So You Can Reach Your Goals
- How To Like Yourself More – Six EFT Tips To Help.Would you be hurt if someone said your were a purple-faced and body-striped robot? Most likely you would think that person crazy or joking. Actually, it is high self-esteem that takes the sting out of insults. Insults hurt when we think they apply to us. EMOTIONAL FITNESS TIPS Tip one: Face this Brute Fact – Perfection ...Continue reading ‘How To Like Your […]
- How To Grow Old Gracefully – Six EFT Tips To Help.Emotional Fitness Tips Tip one: Face this Brute Fact – You will grow older, eventually get old, and if lucky very old. Tip two: While growing older, remember what matters. What is that? Not what you own, but who you are at heart and how you act All the sages know that the happiest people ...Continue reading ‘How To Grow Old Gracefully – Six EFT Tips To Help. […]
- How To Like Yourself More – Six EFT Tips To Help.
- How To Like Yourself More - Six EFT Tips To Help. emotionalfitnesstraining.com/how-to-like-yo… via @httpstwittercomKGLevineBooks 23 hours ago
- Why Celebrate Passover? - Why go to a Seder? - Passover denverjewishcenter.com/3626260?sc=tw_… 2 days ago
- @francieswidler I may stop reading. You were the light of my connection to the Post. 1 week ago
- How To Grow Old Gracefully - Six EFT Tips To Help. emotionalfitnesstraining.com/how-to-grow-ol… via @httpstwittercomKGLevineBooks 4 weeks ago
- Feeling blue? Beaten Down? Six EFT Tips To Help. emotionalfitnesstraining.com/feeling-blue-b… via @httpstwittercomKGLevineBooks 1 month ago
- Thinking About What Matters - All Is A Gift emotionalfitnesstraining.com/thinking-about… via @httpstwittercomKGLevineBooks 1 month ago