You have goals for your children, for yourself, and for your family. Good for you. But not enough. Goals are about what you want, where you want to go. So more important questions are:
- Do you have a personal mission?
- Do you have a family mission?
- Are you help your children develop personal missions?
Missions are about how you want to be as a person as you take your life’s journey. Having a thought about and defined mission gives focus to your life, makes decision making easier and wiser.
Missions are created by thinking about what matters. What the sages and what those who study such things think is that the healthiest missions are built on a foundation of kindness, caring, and sharing.
Which leads to this blog post’s Poster Coach. Remember What Matters:
For a free digital download of this poster go to the EFTIstore.
When you are teaching your children to be kind, you are also teaching them to be #emotionally intelligent.
Parenting is hard work and the results not always clear immediately, practice patience is a must and that means patience with yourself as well as with others.
Be grateful for what you have been given, forgive yourself and others for failing to be perfect. No one is. Continue to practice kindness and your efforts bring forward a more just world for all. You make a difference.
Most EFTI posters posted on my blog can be obtained at the EFTI Store Many are free. Poster Coaches are printed up in color on letter size card stock and used to inspire, teach, remind you to practice #emotional_fitness exercises.
This blog post was inspired by this Word Perfect Daily Prompt. Obstacle Course: Think about what you wanted to accomplish last week. Did you? What are the things that hold you back from doing everything you’d like to do?
Thank you for all you do and as always stay strong.
ARTICLES OF INTEREST
- When Good Kids Do Bad Things: A Survival Guide for Parents of Teenagers
- When Good Kids Get You In A Gotcha War
- When Good Kids Struggle In School
- When Good Kids Hang Out With The Wrong Crowd
- When Good Kids Dress Makes You Stress
- When Good Kids Lie
- When Good Kids Take Risks
- When Good Kids Have Sex
- When Good Kids Run Away
- When Good Kids Break The Law
- When Good Kids Do Drugs and/or Alcohol
- When Good Kids Get Depressed
- Tame the Test Anxiety Monster
- Parents Are People Too: An Emotional Fitness Training Program for Parents
- How to Hold Successful Family Meetings
- Twelve Easy Emotional Fitness Exercises to Tame Mad, Bad, and Sad Feelings
- Self-Soothing - Create Calm in Your Life
- Know Your Feelings - Become A Feeling Detective
- Know Your Mission So You Can Reach Your Goals
- LET NATURE STRENGTHEN YOUR EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCEMaimonides, a Jew, also known as Rambam and one of the Sages of the Ages, lived in Spain and Egypt in the 12th century; he was a physician and philosopher. Maimonides felt that the study of the natural world was a prerequisite to spiritual life. He is joined by modern day researchers. Benefits found by researchers: ...Continue reading ‘LET NATURE STRENGTHEN […]
- BE A COOL CAT NOT A MAD DOG: FIVE TIPS TO STRENGTHEN EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCEWhat’s your feeling temperature right now? Most of today? The past week or so? See if a negative feeling is getting to you. Take your feeling temperature. Feelings are signals telling you to be aware so you can stay safe. That’s the good news. The bad news? Signals are not always clear and are often misinterpreted. ...Continue reading ‘BE A COOL CAT NOT A M […]
- LET NATURE STRENGTHEN YOUR EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.